Monday, July 09, 2012

Bahrain Updates

From Angry Arab chief correspondent in Bahrain:  "Nabeel rajab has finally been sentenced 3 months over his tweets against the Prime Minister. Masked men came and arrested him from his house.
Also the court dissolved the small islamist political society (parties are illegal) Amal. Most of Amal's leadership have already received life sentences and they are the only legal opposition society calling for the complete overthrow of the regime.
FYI: Amal is more ideological than alwefaq which is simply islamist with no specific ideology. Also they tend to be more hardcore about their shiism (tend to mention muawiya, yazid, alhussain, and almahdi in their speeches) Most of its leaders are shirazi shia. I am embarassed to say that I have no idea what that means exactly. All I know is that shirazis are ideologically against wilayat alfaqih and the Iranian theocracy. Also the many of Amals leaders were imprisoned in the 1980s.

I think Nimr Al Nimr is also shirazi but I'm not sure."

PS The reference is to those who follow the late Imam Shirazi, I guess.