Friday, November 23, 2007

Slovenia and the End of the Arab-Israeli Conflict: Why did not anybody think of this before. On the brilliance of Bush's foreign policy team. So I wanted to read the list of 45 invitees to the useless Annapolis conference next week. I learned that Slovenia was invited. That really changed my outlook about the conference. I mean, with Slovenia present, how could the parties fail to reach an agreement. As I told my class last week: it is fair to expect the end of the Arab-Israeli conflict with Bush presiding. I mean with his brain powers and the attendance of Slovenia, how could they not agree on everything. Expect people in the Middle East to dance in the streets by next Friday. Also, the Saudi foreign minister said that Saudi Arabia will attend only because of Arab consensus and that his government had "reservations." Reservations? When you are willing to increase oil production according to the wishes and interests of the US administration even if it goes against the interest of your country, you talk to me about "reservations"? I can speak of Arab popular reservations regarding the very existence of your kingdom. Finally, I was thinking of this last week. Would any of you be surprised if it turns out that Bin Laden is hiding in one of the royal palaces in Saudi Arabia? Really. Finally (II), now that Sudan is also invited to the silly conference, does that also mean that Darfur crisis will also be resolved also due to the presence of Slovenia? And why can't Slovenia intervene in the Lebanese presidential crisis?