Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Call me conspiratorial (please, do. I mean it). But there has been lately a new switch in Saudi funded media toward more favorable coverage of Gun Zionism. I would not be surprised if an Israeli media "expert" helps them out, just as Israel had propaganda experts advising the influential Phalangist Voice of Lebanon radio during the civil war years in Lebanon. Today, in the newscast on Al-Arabiya: the anchorperson asked the correspondent in Gaza whether "Hamas will stick to its pledges of not firing missiles against Israel." A few minutes later, he asksed whether the developments will in any way affect "the limited operations" planned by the Israeli military against Gaza. At that point, I felt that if I were around the grave of King Fahd, I would not have been able to resist the temptation to poke him with a stick (OK, with a sharp metal object. OK, with a very sharp metal object.)