Sunday, April 29, 2007

Alas, Kristof did not select me. "I’ve chosen the two winners of my second annual “win-a-trip contest.” One is Leana Wen, a medical student at Washington University in St. Louis. The second is Will Okun, who teaches at Westside Alternative High School in Chicago and dabbles in photography and writing. Leana, Will and I will travel together through Rwanda, Burundi and eastern Congo. Stay tuned." I am speechless. Why was I not selected? I mean, nobody is more fascinated by the boring personality and fake humanitarianism of this commercializer of people's misery, than me. Yes, Will Okun "dabbles in photography" but I have dabbled in mocking you, for years. So why was I not selected, I want to know. I recommend to the torturers at Guantanamo and Amman a new form of torture: traveling with Kristof. Personally, I think that I will break down after a few minutes of hearing him talk.